Friday, December 4, 2009

Why does this site exist

Ok so I have been getting alot of questions lately about this site and I thought I would take the time to answer them.

1. Why don't you just buy the hamsters on Ebay and be done with it instead of spending so much time driving and shopping for Zhu Zhu's.

Well I'm not going to give in to paying a penny more than what the store's are selling them for. The only reason there is a demand for these hamsters are 2 reasons.

1. Children want these so there is a very big demand because the manufacture didn't expect to have such a popular toy before Christmas.

2. Now with that said, people are buying these just to make a quick buck off them.. Is it Fair?? You be the judge but my opinion is that people are taking advantage of a toy that use to sell for $4.99 6 months ago and are selling them for $40 +.. The sad thing is if people stopped buying these on Ebay, the resellers would buy them in the stores, because of one simple reason "They Can't make any money off them". If this is not a Typical case of American Greed I don't know what is.

2. What is the point in taking so much time to document all this?

Honestly, it is for my family and I to look back at this and laugh. I want my kids to read and see what I had to go through to find these damn hamsters. I came up with the idea after my mom was telling me about how she used to go to stores and search for toys I wanted for Christmas. Especially the Cabbage Kids back in the 80's. So I thought why not document this.

3. Will you stop blogging once you have found them?

No, I enjoy writing and posting online so to me this is a fun journey, plus I'm sure my kids will want all the new zhu zhu's that are coming out, so I don't see the adventure stopping any time soon.

4. Why even bother exploiting people that are selling them on Ebay.

Honestly I understand the demand for these Zhu Zhu pets and I understand the greed we have in today's society. I have listed some of the Ebay sellers on my blog because these are the people that are buying up all the Zhu Zhu's in my area. These people are greedy and could care less about the toy. They are simply out to make money at the expense of parent, now ebay is based on supply and demand so if people list the auction and $0.99 they know they will sell this item for alot more than that. I have stood in plenty of lines and have not been able to get one and I have been to stores where I have watched people grab the last toys off the shelves. The simple fact is I need to get these for my children because that is what they want for Christmas.


This message goes out to all the haters. If you don't like what you are reading or have negative comments, please keep them to yourself, this is a blog and if you want to act or talk like a redheaded step child who's ass still hurts 20 years later from your parents beating it, go do it somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment